Six Types Of Food To Eat For Healthy Skin And Hair
A lot of people think that good looking skin and hair comes from Photoshop or a makeup kit. In reality, the food you eat can help maintain healthy skin and strong, full hair. Students who are enrolled in cooking courses online should know the different types of food a client can eat to boost their appearance, as it could mean repeat business in the future. Here are some of the best skin and hair boosting foods you can have in your diet.
1. Salmon – For luxurious and healthy hair, salmon should be a consistent part of your diet. This cold-water fish is rich in protein, vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids. Of these, omega-3s are the most important to healthy hair as your body can’t create that chemical compound, which is essential to hair growth. Omega-3s are also helpful around the scalp since they keep hair follicles and your skin hydrated.
2. Walnuts – This nut contains large amounts of omega-3 fatty acids. It is also rich in biotin and vitamin E, compounds that protect cells from DNA damage.
3. Spinach – Popeye the Sailor Man’s favorite green vegetable is rich in phytonutrients and antioxidants. It also contains vitamins B, C and E, which helps maintain healthy cell structure.
4. Lentils – These tiny legumes are full of protein, iron, zinc and other minerals that regulate skin functions. You can add lentils to a soy and kidney bean salad for a beautifying and healthy lunch.
5. Tomatoes – Tomatoes are considered one of the best anti-aging fruits a person can eat. They contain the antioxidant lycopene which helps fight free radicals and helps cells regenerate and repair.
6. Greek yogurt – This hair-friendly dairy product has plenty of protein, vitamin B5 and vitamin D, all of which assist in protecting and stabilizing cells on a molecular level.