How To Make Perfectly Seared Scallops
No matter how messy or smoky, some things are just better seared. In our humble opinion, scallops are one of those things. Crispy on the—outside, tender on the inside—there’s no other way to enjoy our favorite mollusk. But to sear well—to sear perfectly—takes a couple tips and a little bit of practice. Once you get the hang of it, perfectly seared scallops are just a very hot pan and a couple of minutes away. Just don’t forget to crack a window or get that kitchen vent going. Serve them with risotto, on a bed of mixed greens or in addition to a thick cut rib eye for a simply delicious addition. Learn how to master the art of searing scallops with our international culinary school instructor with this quick tutorial.
4-5 ea Large Scallops
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 tbsp Grapeseed Oil
1 oz Butter
1 tbsp Chopped Parsley
1 tsp Lemon Zest
1. Pat scallops dry and season with salt.
2. Heat oil on medium-high heat until it starts to lightly smoke.
3. Add seasoned scallops and sear until golden brown.
4. Add butter and baste scallops until cooked through.
5. Add chopped parsley and lemon zest, cook for 30 seconds; serve.
**Garnish with spicy chili oil, fried capers, and whole herbs