How To Sear Scallops
If you’re a fan of seafood, you’re a fan of scallops. These saltwater clams have the potential to be some of the most succulent and flavorful fruits of the sea. But they also have the tendency to get overcooked really easily, which can turn their famous soft texture into one that resembles more of rubber. Yikes! Never fear, however, because with this easy searing technique you can have a fail proof way to cooking perfect scallops. No more toughness or inconsistent cooking! In just a couple short minutes, you can be enjoying a delicious, light and healthy treat for dinner. Pair your seared scallops with risotto, a wild rice or throw them on a bed of mixed greens for a truly indulgent dinner you can feel good about in every way.
So follow along with us in this online cooking class as we teach you how to perfectly sear scallops. You won’t believe just how easy and delicious they can be!
4 fresh scallops
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
2. Season both sides of the scallop with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
3. Add oil to the pan and let it get hot for about 20 seconds.
4. Add the scallops and let them cook for about one minute, without touching them. After about a minute, the bottom should be nice and browned.
5. Flip to the other side and cook for an additional 60-70 seconds or until that side browns the same as the first.
6. Remove from heat and serve.
7. Garnish with balsamic reduction and fresh parsley