How To Make A Gingerbread House
Check out Chef Susie’s pastry demo! Chef Susie prepares a gingerbread house, for a perfect way to wrap up the holiday season! Please see below for recipe! Get the Gingerbread house template to follow along with Chef Susie!
Gingerbread for House:
8 oz. butter
9 oz. light brown sugar
6 ¾ oz. molasses
1 pound 12 oz. flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon allspice
1. Sift the dry ingredients together.
2. Mix the butter and sugar. Add the molasses and then the eggs. Add the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated. Be mindful to scrape down after each ingredient is added.
3. Cool the dough for about 30 minutes before rolling.
4. Roll desired shapes and sizes and bake at 350 degrees until the edges start to brown and the center springs back when touched, bake time will vary with sizes. Smaller pieces will take 10-12 minutes and larger pieces will take 20-22 minutes.
Gingerbread House Icing:
1 pound sifted powdered sugar
3 large egg whites
½ teaspoon cream of tar tar
1. Place all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat until thick and lighter in color, the mixture should hold its shape.
2. This icing will be the mortar for the house, therefore it will dry out quickly, be mindful to cover the icing with a damp cloth and plastic wrap.
3. Color if desired
Please be sure to check out our recent demos!
To learn more about our programs, contact us at (855) 696-6602 or firstname.lastname@example.org