How To Make Nutella Doughnut Hole Milkshakes
If we can all agree on something, it’s that Nutella is absolutely delicious. The creamy chocolate and hazelnut mixture just has a certain je ne sais quoi that leaves you wanting, needing more after the first little taste. So, when we saw this restaurant’s doughnut hole milkshakes, we couldn’t resist the temptation to try them out. And boy oh boy, they did not disappoint. Learn how to make your own Nutella doughnut hole milkshakes with our online pastry school chef in this step-by-step tutorial video.
1 lb flour
3 tsp dry yeast
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup water
2.5 oz sugar
4.25 oz butter, room temp
1 jar Nutella
Powdered sugar, for dusting
1. Heat the milk and water to 98.6°F
2. Mix about 1/3 of the liquid with the yeast and then a heaping spoonful of flour, set aside until the mixture starts to bubble.
3. Place the flour in the mixing bowl add the sugar and then the butter in squares.
4. Once the yeast mixture bubbles add to the flour mixture and then add the eggs and remaining liquid. Add the salt last and mix and then knead.
5. Cover and proof until doubles in size.
6. Punch down and form into a ball. Roll the dough to ½ inch thick. Make donuts into desired shapes and sizes and proof at room temperature until the donuts double in size. Deep fry in 375 degree oil for about 2 minutes or until golden brown in color.
7. Hollow the donuts and then fill with Nutella. Dust with powdered sugar
1 ½ cups milk
½ qt ice cream
1/3 cup Nutella
1. Blend ½ quart of vanilla ice cream with 1 1/2 cups of milk and 1/3 cup of Nutella until smooth.