How To Make Crab Cakes
What can we say about crab cakes that you probably didn’t already know? They’re delicious but you probably knew that. They’re amazing but you probably knew that too. Oh, and they’re also super easy to make. Not sure if you did know that one! Considering how frequently you see crab cakes on the appetizer menu at restaurants, it could come as no surprise that it doesn’t take much to throw these babies together. All you need is some crab (obviously), pepper, onion, breadcrumbs, spices & condiments, a hot pan and a little love to get these guys from the restaurant menu to your dinner table.
So, follow along with us in online cooking class as we make some crab cakes from scratch! Throw them on a bed of greens for a lovely and light meal that has all the fixings for success.
1 large egg
2.5 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1.5 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
½ tsp. hot sauce
¼ tsp. salt
¼ cup finely diced celery
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
1 lb. lump crab meat
½ cup panko
1. Combine the egg, mayonnaise, hot sauce, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire, Old Bay, salt, celery and parsley in a large bowl and mix well.
2. Add the crab meat and panko.
3. Gently fold the mixture together until is just combined, being careful not to shred the crab meat.
4. Shape into 6 crab cakes and place in a baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
5. Preheat a large nonstick pan to medium heat and coat with oil. When oil is hot, place crab cakes in pan and cook until golden brown.
6. Serve immediately with your choice of sauce or a squeeze of lemon.