How To Make a Crepe
Transform your kitchen into a Parisian crêperie with Escoffier Online’s Chef Susie. In this free pastry class learn how to make crepe batter and cook the crepes to a perfect golden brown color. Master the technique of filling and rolling a crepe with chocolate mousse. Enjoy our free recipe blow!
3 whole eggs
3 egg yolks
9 oz. milk
6 oz. water
3 oz. sugar
7 oz. all-purpose flour
2 ½ oc. melted butter
- Sift the flour and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs together. Add the milk and then the water. Whisk in the sugar and then the flour 1/3 at a time. Whisk in the melted butter and set the mixture aside for 1 hour before using.
- Use a crepe pan or a non- stick pan. Butter the pan and pour the crepe batter in the pan and swirl it around until the pan is coated. Cook the crepe until it is set and a light brown color. Turn the crepe over and cook until light brown and remove from the pan.
- Fill the crepe with desired filling and fold or roll the crepe and serve with the appropriate sauce or warm fruit compote.
12 oz. Chocolate
2 oz. Sugar
2 cups Heavy Cream
2 Gelatine leaves
- Melt the Chocolate
- Whisk the eggs and sugar au bain-marie to sabayon stage. Add the soaked gelatine for stability
- Fold the chocolate through and stir occasionally until cool
- Whisk the cream to medium peaks and fold into the mixture. Pour into a clean bowl, cover and allow to set in the fridge.