Epic Football Game Snacks
Watching a football game can lead to some NFL-sized appetites, especially if you’re watching in the comfort of your own home. Take a break from your online culinary courses and try out these party meal favorites.
Nachos supreme – This huge plate will satisfy all the hungry fans catching the game at your house.
- Take four different kinds of tortilla chips and arrange them on a large platter.
- Prepare salsa by combining these ingredients: four chopped tomatoes, one sliced jalapeno and 1/4 cup of cilantro.
Beans and meat
- For the beans and meat portion, prepare a medium-sized skillet and fry two chopped cloves of garlic and one thinly sliced jalapeno. Add 1 pound of ground beef and cook for five minutes. You can add cayenne, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper to suit your taste.
- Make the cheese sauce by melting 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of flour in a medium sauce pan. Cook the mixture for about two minutes and then whisk in milk. When the milk begins to bubble, you can add your favorite cheese.
- Slowly pour the cheese over the tortilla chips and assemble the meat, beans and salsa in whatever arrangement you like.
Buffalo wings – These homemade wings will heat up your party in no time at all.
- Blend 1 tablespoon of powdered garlic, 2 teaspoons of cumin, 1 teaspoon of cayenne , 1 tablespoon of dry mustard, 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper . Reserve 2 tablespoons of the mixture to use for later. Coat the wings with the spices. Let this marinate in your refrigerator for at least two hours in a loosely covered container.
- Grill wings over medium-to-high heat until crispy. You can also cook your wings in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fry 1 tablespoon of minced garlic and jalapenos in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of the spice mixture. Then, combine 4 tablespoons of butter, 1 tablespoon of lime juice and 1 tablespoon of vinegar. Bring all the ingredients to a simmer.
- Toss the wings and sauce in a large bowl and serve.
Bacon breadsticks – This simple and savory snack is perfect for a half-time break.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap a single strip of bacon around each breadstick. Bake for 30 minutes. While the breadsticks are still hot, coat with parmesan cheese. Let them cool before serving.
If you like this post, please be sure to check out the following!