Culinary Demo – Hors d’oeuvres
Check out Chef Cesar and Chef Thomas’s culinary demo! Chef Cesar and Chef Thomas joined forces to prepare two types of Hors d’oeuvres perfect for the upcoming holiday season! The chef’s created a smoked salmon crostini and cucumber cups with curried chicken salad. Please see below for recipes!
Smoked Salmon Crostini Recipe:
1lb Mascarpone Cheese
8oz Smoked Salmon
20 pieces of crostini
3 Oz Balsamic glaze
1. Place the mascarpone cheese in a mixer
2. Zest the lemon and add to cheese
3. Squeeze lemon juice and add to cheese
4. Whipped for 2 Minutes
5. After cheese mixture is whipped, place in pastry bag with a small start tip.
6. Place a small floret on each crostini
7. Rolled smoked salmon and set on top of each crostini
8. Drizzle with balsamic glaze
Cucumber Cups with Curried Chicken Salad Recipe:
1 lb Chicken breast or tenders
2 T Mayonnaise low-fat olive oil based
1/2 c Plain non-fat Greek yogurt
1 t Lemon juice
1 T Curry powder
1/4 t Kosher salt
1/4 t Black pepper
1/4 c Raisins
1/2 c Cilantro, fresh chopped
2 large English cucumbers
1. In a large stock pot, fill with fresh water, add raw chicken breasts and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium/low, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until chicken breasts are fully cooked.
2. Once fully cooked, drain chicken breasts and place on a clean cutting board. Dice chicken and put diced pieces into a mixing bowl. Cover bowl and put into the fridge for 15-20 minutes or until cool.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine mayo, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, curry powder, Kosher salt and black pepper.
4. Add diced chicken to dressing mixture and stir to combine. Add raisins and chopped cilantro. Stir again to combine.
5. Rinse cucumbers and peel as desired. Slice into 2 inch chunks. Use the melon baller to scoop out the seeds from each cup making a nice hollow spot for filling.
6. Fill cucumber cups with 2 T of chicken salad (or salad of choice). Enjoy!
To learn more about our programs, contact us at (877) 452-5489 or [email protected]