Chipotle Pepper Cole Slaw Recipe
Chipotle Pepper Cole Slaw (Mild spicy)
Several sources – Makes 4-6 servings
½ cup Hellmann’s Mayonnaise & ½ cup plain yogurt – Use both or one
2 tbsp. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (2 peppers, seeded and chopped)
2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 tsp. honey
1½ tsp. ground cumin
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 medium green cabbage, finely shredded and use some red cabbage if you like
3 medium to large carrots, finely shredded
1 small sweet onion, quarter and thinly sliced
2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, chipotle peppers, lime juice,
honey and cumin in large bowl.
2. Season, with salt and black pepper to taste.
3. Combine dry items: cabbage, carrots, onion and cilantro
4. Stir in wet ingredients
5. Cover and refrigerate at least 20 minutes before serving
6. Best to leave overnight, 24 hr.
7. Slaw should not be too wet
Special thanks to Gaylon Rex Greger for sharing his recipe. Gaylon has been a food enthusiast for the last 30 years that involves cooking and baking. He attended cooking schools in New York and Tuscany, Italy and is also a wine expert, spending many years in the wine industry.