A Meal In 30 Minutes Or Less
Are you someone who finds themselves ordering take-out or heating up microwave meals because of your busy schedule? If so, Escoffier Online’s Chef Mark Dowling wants to make dinner easier on you. In this video, Chef Mark walks through the step by step process of an easy 30 minute recipe. This meal consist of pork chops, cous cous, vegetables and is topped off with a delicious garlic cream sauce.
1 thick cut pork chop (One per person)
¼ tsp Garlic salt
1-2 tbsp Olive oil (2 set ups as will also need to cook the veg)
1 package Knorr Garlic and Cream Sc. Instant mix
1 -1/2 cups soy milk
1 cup cous cous
1 ¼ cup veg stock or water
1/8-1/4 tsp Sea salt
1/8-1/4 tsp Black pepper
1-2 tbsp Olive oil
1 zucchini, cut into batonnets (if cooking for 2 ppl)
½ red pepper, cut into julienne
- Pre- heat oven to 350oF. Put garlic salt on both sides of pork chop. Then heat oven-proof skillet (need oven-proof so that you can place it into oven to complete cooking and thus free up stove space) add 1-2 tbsp. olive oil and brown on one side, when brown turn over and put in oven to finish cooking, should take about 6-7 minutes. When done keep warm until ready to serve
- Place cous cous in small pot add stock and season with salt and pepper, bring to boil, and turn off, ensuring it’s covered. The residual heat will steam it until done.
- In another skillet heat 2 tbsp olive oil and sauté the zucchini and red peppers. Season as desired.
- Place the milk in a small pot add the dry mixture and stir until all incorporated. Bring to low simmer and cook until thickened.
- When ready to serve plate up the cous cous, add the veg and place pork chop on top. Finish dish with the garlic cream sauce.
If you like this post, please be sure to check out the following!
In The Kitchen With Escoffier Online – How To Grill Chicken Kebabs
In The Kitchen With Escoffier Online – How To Cook A Turkey Burger
In The Kitchen With Escoffier Online – How To Make A Quick Potato Casserole
Subscribe to our blog and stay up to date with industry news and the newest cooking trends