In The Kitchen With Escoffier Online – How To Grill Chicken Kebabs
In the kitchen with Escoffier Online connects you with real chefs answering the world’s cooking questions one video at a time. In this video series, Chef Mark Dowling gives an online cooking lesson on how to grill chicken kebabs.
Grilled Chicken Kebab Recipe
6-8 oz. cubed chicken, either breast or thigh meat, skinless, boneless
2, thick wooden skewers or metal, soaked overnight
3-4, 1oz. cubes of chicken per skewer
1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
1/2 tsp. chicken spice rub (optional)
1/4 tsp. sea salt
3-2 inch cubed pieces each; onion, red pepper, green pepper, zucchini, and yellow squash
4, cherry tomatoes (optional to add at the very end just before service)
4, quartered pieces Portabella mushrooms (optional, they can be added prior to cooking)
1/8 tsp. black pepper to season just before service
1. Prepare the grill by preheating it to medium heat
2. Alternate ingredients on the skewer starting with onion, red pepper, green pepper, chicken, zucchini, and yellow squash. Repeat
3. Season kabob as desired with spice rub, salt and brush both sides with oil
4. Place on a hot cleaned grill
5. Allow for up to 4 minutes on each side, grill cover is closed
6. Chicken is done when the center is medium well, firm to the touch, which also has a whitcolor with a hot center, fully cooked. Can use a thermometer if desired to check, temp should be 165oF
If you like this post, please be sure to check out the following!
For more videos check out https://learntocook.com/ and join us next Tuesday for another series of in the kitchen with Escoffier Online. Subscribe to our blog and stay up to date with industry news, culinary demostrations and the newest cooking trends!