Tea Flavored Desserts
In this online pastry class, Chef Susie and featured guest, Sheila Duda discuss tea flavored desserts, as well as, various types of teas. Gain the confidence and skill to produce truly exceptional tea flavored desserts in your own kitchen by watching this lesson on tea and desserts. Try it out yourself and share these delicious flavored desserts with other by making the recipes below!
Enjoy These Recipes!
White Chocolate and Matcha Tea Marbled Cake Recipe:
2 ¾ ounces of White Chocolate
3 large eggs
5 ¼ ounces fine sugar
6 1/3 ounces all-purpose flour
1.5 teaspoon Matcha powder
4 ¼ ounce butter
1 pinch of salt
1. Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler.
2. Melt the butter
3. Whisk the eggs and the sugar until they are light in color, sift the flour and baking powder and add to the egg mixture, mixing by hand, scraping down the bowl. Mix in the butter and salt.
4. Add the Matcha powder to 1/3 of the mix and the melted white chocolate to the other 2/3 thirds.
5. Add half of the white chocolate batter into a greased loaf pan, then add the Matcha batter and then the rest of the white chocolate batter. Swirl the batter gently with a knife to create the marble affect.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool slightly before unmolding.
Earl Grey Tea Ganache Recipe:
10 ounces of dark chocolate
½ cup heavy cream
½ cup water
1 teaspoon Earl Grey tea or 1 tea bag
1. Warm the water and steep the tea, strain or remove the bag.
2. Melt the chocolate, add the warmed cream and tea. For a thicker ganache add more chocolate and for a thinner ganache add less chocolate.