How To Make No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
There’s nothing worse than laboring over a hot oven during the balmy summer months. But guess what? With so many no-bake deserts out there, like this no-bake cheesecake, there’s no reason that sweet and heat have to go together. The most heat you’ll need for this recipe is just to melt the chocolate, which you can do in a microwave or over a stove top, just depends on your preference! Then you just have to whip some cream cheese, sugar and butter together and then slowly mixing in the chocolate, this dish just went from simple to simpler. Top with homemade whipped cream and some toasted almonds for a rich and decadent treat that’s as easy as it is delicious.
Watch our pastry arts chef as she shows you how to make a no-bake, ice box cheesecake! It’s the perfect dessert for summer!
Chocolate Almond No-Bake Cheesecake
1 cup heavy whipping cream
8 oz chopped dark chocolate
½ cup sugar
2 oz butter (room temperature)
11 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
1 ½ tsp almond extract
Cookie crust (see below for ingredients and directions)
*Whipped cream and toasted almonds for topping
1. Whip the whipping cream to a soft peak and set aside in the refrigerator.
2. Melt the chopped chocolate and set aside to let cool.
3. Cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar to a smooth consistency.
4. Gradually mix in the melted chocolate until well incorporated. Fold in the whipped cream and pour into prepared cookie crust. Chill until well set.
5. Decorate with more whipped cream and toasted almonds
2 cups of any crunchy cookie crumbs like graham cracker or Oreo
¼ cup granulated sugar
3 oz butter
Mix the cookie crumbs and sugar together, melt the butter and mix into the cookie crumb mixture until well incorporated. Press the mixture into desired pan.