How To Make Marble Pound Cake
Traditional pound cake gets a makeover with this slightly fancier version. Everything you love about the classic cake-from the dense, moist texture to the delicious vanilla flavor-gets enhanced with a gorgeous chocolate swirl. Even better? All it takes is a tiny bit of extra effort to turn your plain old pound cake into a gorgeous marbled one. Now those are the pastry recipes we love the most!
Learn how to make a marbled pound cake with our chef in this online baking class. Just follow along, see how we do it and you’ll be making your own in no time!
Marble Pound Cake
2 sticks butter
2 ¾ cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
3 cups flour
¾ tsp baking soda
6 oz chocolate, melted
1. Cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and then the sour cream. Add the flour and baking soda.
2. Combine 2 cups of the mixture with the chocolate. Fill the loaf pan 1 ½ inches high with the plain batter, add ¼ quarter of the chocolate batter, add about ½ inch layer of the plain batter and then ¼ of the chocolate batter and carefully swirl together.
3. Bake at 365 degrees for about 45-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Makes 2 8×4 loaf pans.
White Chocolate and Matcha Tea Marbled Cake
2 ¾ oz white chocolate
3 large eggs
5 ¼ oz fine sugar
6 1/3 oz all-purpose flour
1.5 tsp matcha powder
4 ¼ oze butter
1 pinch of salt
1. Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler.
2. Melt the butter
3. Whisk the eggs and the sugar until they are light in color, sift the flour and baking powder and add to the egg mixture, mixing by hand, scraping down the bowl. Mix in the butter and salt.
4. Add the Matcha powder to 1/3 of the mix and the melted white chocolate to the other two thirds.
5. Add half of the white chocolate batter into a greased loaf pan, then add the Matcha batter and then the rest of the white chocolate batter. Swirl the batter gently with a knife to create the marble affect.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool slightly before unmolding.