How To Make Gluten-Free Brownies
With the recent uptick in people being diagnosed with celiac disease, gluten-intolerance and wheat allergies, knowing how to bake gluten-free is becoming more and more of an asset for every pastry chef and baking aficionado. Even beyond that, baking without gluten can prove as a general fun way to shake things up a bit in the kitchen and test your overall skills. No matter how it applies to you, it seems that gluten-free baking is a trend that’s going to be sticking around for a while and this webinar is a great way to test the waters! We’ve also included one of our favorite new products, Justin’s Almond Butter, as a scrumptiously rich addition.
Learn how to make some delectable gluten-free brownies in this live video seminar with our pastry arts expert. Learn just how delicious brownies sans gluten can be!
6 oz unsweetened chocolate
12 oz. unsalted butter
10 oz. eggs
1 lb. 2.5 oz. sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 oz. rice flour
2 oz. potato starch
1 oz tapioca flour
0.13 oz. Xanthan gum
6 oz. chopped nuts or chocolate chips (optional)
- Sift the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler and let cool to room temp.
- Mix the eggs, vanilla, sugar and salt until blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and then the nuts or chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake in one ½ sheet pan greased and lined with parchment paper at 325 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until springs back when touch and a tooth-pick inserted comes out clean.