Brie En Croute Recipe
Chef Susie Wolak will demonstrate how to make Brie En Croute. Below is a list of topics that Chef Susie will cover in detail:
- Buying Brie cheese
- Should I eat the skin in Brie Cheese?
- Preparing the Brie with apricot jam
- Covering the Brie with puff pastry
- Baking the Brie
- Presenting the Brie
- Port wine discussion
1- 8oz. round brie cheese
1 puff pastry dough sheet
2 tablespoons apricot jam
2 tablespoons dried apricots sliced
1 tablespoon dried currents
Crackers and fruit for display
1. Pre pare egg wash mixing the egg with 2 tablespoons of water, set aside.
2. Spread the jam on the cheese and sprinkle with the dried fruits.
3. Roll the puff pastry dough to 1/8 inch thick and place on top of the Brie, invert and tuck the dough around the bottom. Place on lined baking sheet with the seam on the bottom.
4. Egg wash and cut leaves out of the remaining dough and egg wash the leaves.
5. Bake at 385 degrees for about 45 minutes until golden brown in color.
6. Cool for about 20 minutes and serve on a platter surrounded by crackers and fruits.
To learn more about our programs, contact us at (877) 452-5489 or [email protected].