Six Top Food Festivals To Visit In Spring 2013
Now that spring is here, it’s time to head outside in America’s best cities to enjoy fresh air and food festivals. Whether you’re an online culinary school graduate or simply love the taste of great cuisine, these festivals are a must-visit for all foodies:
1. Food & Wine Classic: Head to Aspen, Colorado, from June 14-16 to partake in more than 80 cooking demonstrations, tasting events, wine pairing seminars and panel discussions with the pros.
2. Big Apple Barbecue Block Party: From June 8-9, the streets of New York City will come alive with Southern flavors and down-home comforts.
3. Vegas Uncork’d: Sin City welcomes in the culinary-minded from March 21-22 to celebrate the flavors of local celebrity chefs who work in Vegas’ most highly acclaimed venues.
4. Pungo Strawberry Festival: Taking place in Virginia Beach, this festival features more than 50 different ways to eat strawberries on May 25-26.
5. National Cornbread Festival: In South Pittsburg, Tennessee, this gathering showcases a beloved Southern cooking staple alongside live entertainment from April 27-28.
6. Mississippi Coast Coliseum Crawfish Music Festival: From April 18-21 and 25-28, the event will bring the streets of Biloxi to life with crawfish and blues music.