Pumpkin Spice Granola
Caught the pumpkin spice bug? Us too. We just can’t get enough of that irresistible flavor combination that it’s pretty much take over our lives. From cakes and cookies to coffee and donuts and even waffles, we’ll take pumpkin spice any way we can get it. Which is why we came up with this delicious recipe for a granola featuring our favorite fall flavor. Oh, did we mention it’s super healthy too? Whole oats, flax seed and chopped pecans lay the foundation while a mixture of pumpkin puree, honey and spices give it the perfect amount punch. And pay attention because as soon as you pop it in the oven, anyone in your house will be making their way down to the kitchen to see what’s cooking. We recommend making a big batch to last you throughout the week! Eat it with your favorite nut milk, on top of some yogurt or just by the handful for the perfect seasonal snack. Learn cooking online with our host as we teach you how to make this addicting pumpkin spice granola.
4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
½ cup chopped raw pecans
½ cup flax seeds
4 tsp ground cinnamon
3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
½ cup pumpkin puree
½ cup maple syrup
1 tsp salt
½ cup flour
¼ cup vegetable or coconut oil
½ cup light brown sugar, packed
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
2. In a medium sauce pan, add in the pumpkin, brown sugar, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and oil. Heat over medium-low heat until the sugar has dissolved, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, add the vanilla extract and let cool.
3. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl add the oats, flour, pecans and flax seeds and toss together. Add the pumpkin mixture and mix until every bit of granola has been coated.
4. Spread a thin layer on the baking sheet and put in the oven. You may have to do two batches. Bake for about 40 minutes, stirring every 15-20 minutes to prevent burning.
5. When done, remove from oven and let cool. Sprinkle over yogurt, pour some almond milk over it or just eat this delicious fall snack by the handful!