How To Make Homemade Pasta Dough
Let’s clear something up: there is no comparison between dried, boxed, store bought pasta noodles and the fresh, homemade stuff. It would be like comparing a homemade Vodka sauce with a jarred version: not even a chance they’ll be remotely close. The flavor, the color, the texture, the way the noodles absorb sauce, they might as well be onion and garlic. It isn’t even close. And even though it may take a bit of muscle and sweat to make those fresh noodles, you will never regret the fact that you did it. So follow along with our online culinary course teacher as he shows you how to make homemade pasta dough.
Fresh Pasta Dough Recipe
2 1/2 cups AP Flour
2 ea Whole Eggs
2 ea Egg Yolks
As needed Water
1 tsp Sea Salt
1. Mix together flour and salt; form into large mound
2. Make a well in top of mound and add eggs
3. Incorporate eggs and flour, until a large mass is formed
4. Scrape bench and discard any small pieces of dry dough
5. Knead dough for 12-14 minutes on floured surface, using water to hydrate if necessary
6. Dough should be firm and sticky; let dough rest for 1 hour before rolling
Subscribe to our blog and stay up to date with industry news and the newest cooking trends!