How To Make Chocolate Souffle
The soufflé is the ultimate testament of most pastry chefs. Its fragile chemistry can lead to disaster at any moment with a quick soft punch, prick, blow or drop. Or, even worse, it never rises because something got messed up along the way. Let’s just say most people don’t make perfect soufflés on their first try. The main reason behind that is just because so much is going on with that dish when it comes to the ingredients and the textures. One wrong fold and your soufflé could be as flat as a pancake. But their light texture, rich flavor and their tendency to impress make the soufflé one of the most popular and sought after recipes out there. They also have the ability to easily transition from dessert to savory, with cheese souffles being the most popular and scrumptious alternative. Breakfast, lunch, dinner—no matter the time of the and no matter the kind, the soufflé is one of the most delicious dishes to have ever been created.
In this online cooking class, we teach you all the steps and techniques you need to make the perfect soufflé. Don’t you worry about it not working out. Follow our steps and the final product should be as plump and airy as a Goodyear blimp.
2 cups orange juice
8 eggs separated
4 oz. sugar
3 oz. all purpose flour
8 oz. bitter sweet chocolate, finely chopped
2 fl. oz. orange Liquor
Sugar for garnish
- Prepare 4 oz. ramekins by brushing with melted butter and dusting with granulated sugar
- In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs and 3 oz. sugar and then the flour. Warm the orange juice in a sauce pan and add the the egg yolk mixture.
- Cook the mixture in the saucepan over low heat until thick, be careful to not boil the mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate and cover with plastic wrap.
- Whip the eggs whites with the remaining 1 oz. of sugar to a soft peak. Folds the whites into the base.
- Fill the prepared ramekins 1″ inch from the rim.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 12 minutes , the soufflé should be well risen and the edges should look dry.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately.