Banana Nutella Pancakes
Sometimes the simplest dishes can also be the best. There’s so many different ways to enjoy pancakes that we often lose count. Whether you like yours with fresh berries, chocolate chips, cinnamon or peanut butter, there’s no doubting that pancakes are beloved by just about all. That’s why we revamped our favorite breakfast dish by stuffing it with Nutella and bananas. By freezing Nutella discs, we were able to get two of our favorite culinary arts inventions in one amazing dish. The result is a perfectly fluffy pancake stuffed to the brim with creamy, chocolatey Nutella. This recipe is 100% worth the extra effort!
Follow along with our host in this tutorial from our online cooking school. Whether you make the batter from scratch or just use a pre-made mix, this recipe is fail proof for making your breakfasts better. Hint for Nutella addicts: heat some of it up and drizzle over the pancakes for an extra indulgence.
Keep up with our culinary school recipes by subscribing now.
Banana and Nutella Stuffed Pancakes
1 jar Nutella
2 cups AP flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
1 ½ to 2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp butter, melted
1 banana, sliced thinly into discs
Pinch of salt
1. On a baking tray lined with parchment paper, smear 1 tablespoon of Nutella in a circle about 2 inches wide. Repeat until 6 discs have been made. Place parchment in freezer for about one hour or until the Nutella is completely frozen and peels easily from parchment paper. Keep them in the freezer until you’re ready to use them.
2. Whisk together the dry ingredients into a bowl. Make a well in the center and add in the wet ingredients, reserving two tablespoons of the melted butter. Whisk the wet and dry together until combined and lump free. Do not overmix.
3. Drizzle some of the melted butter over a griddle or frying pan.
4. Add about ¼ cup of batter to the griddle in one spot and another ¼ cup batter to another. Quickly add in a couple of slices of banana and grab a Nutella disc from freezer for the pancake, then top with a little more batter-enough so the Nutella is covered. Cook for about a minute, or until bubbles start to form around the edges. Be careful to not flip the pancake too early. Cook the other side for about 30 seconds or until golden brown. Remove each pancake to a plate and repeat until all the Nutella discs have been used.
5. Garnish with powdered sugar, drizzled Nutella and more banana slices.