In The Kitchen With Escoffier Online – How To Make The Best Pasta Salad
In the kitchen with Escoffier Online connects you with real chefs answering the world’s cooking questions one video at a time. In this video series, Chef Mark Dowling gives an online cooking lesson on how to make the best pasta salad.
Pasta Salad Recipe
2 cups cooked macaroni of choice, e.g. fusilli, cavatapppi, penne rigate, elbow, farfalle , drained, rinsed, cooled slightly
1/4 cup small dice red onion
½ cup julienned red, yellow and golden peppers,
1 cup EV Olive oil
1/3 cup high quality red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, to taste
¼ tsp smoked paprika
¼ tsp. chili oil
1 tbsp each chopped basil and Italian parsley
1. Cook pasta in 1 gal of water per pound of pasta. Add 2 tbsp salt to the water before boiling.
2. Drop pasta in and stir, cook until tender but firm to the bite.
3. Then be sure its drained, rinsed, cooled slightly.
4. Make an emulsified dressing as shown in the video with paprika, mustard, vinegar and olive oil.
5. With pasta now in a separate bowl add onions, peppers, and fresh-made dressing, season with salt and pepper as needed.
6. Garnish with chopped herbs.
Subscribe to the Escoffier Online Blog and stay up to date with industry news, culinary demostrations and the newest cooking trends!