In The Kitchen With Escoffier Online – How To Make Macaroni And Cheese
In the kitchen with Escoffier Online connects you with real chefs answering the world’s cooking questions one video at a time. In this video series, Chef Mark Dowling gives an online cooking lesson on how to make macaroni and cheese.
Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
16 oz Macaroni
4 oz cool water
4 oz cornstarch
1 qt lukewarm water
1 qt whole milk
2 oz Minor’s® Chicken Base (low sodium no MSG)
2 tsp mustard, dried, powdered
1/4 tsp white pepper, ground
16 oz cheddar cheese (sharp or extra sharp, shredded)
4 oz cheddar cheese (sharp or extra sharp, shredded)
1. Cook macaroni according to label directions; omit salt. Drain: set aside
2. In a bowl, blend water and cornstarch into a smooth slurry, using a wire whip.
3. In a sauce pot, mix water, milk, Low Sodium Chicken Base, dry mustard and pepper until blended, using a wire whip. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently.
4. Gradually pour the slurry into the boiling liquid, stirring constantly. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and gently boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add 1 lb. cheese, stirring until melted.
6. Combine the cheese sauce and the drained macaroni, mixing well. Pour into a lightly oiled 2″ half steam table pan.
7. Sprinkle 4 oz. of cheese evenly over the macaroni mixture. Bake uncovered in a 350°F conventional oven until heated throughout and lightly browned on top, approximately 30-35 minutes.
and stay up to date with industry news, culinary demostrations and the newest cooking trends!