In The Kitchen With Escoffier Online – How To Cook Roast Beef
In the kitchen with Escoffier Online connects you with real chefs answering the world’s cooking questions one video at a time. In this video series, Chef Mark Dowling gives an online cooking lesson on how to cook roast beef.
Roast Beef Recipe
1, 5-6 lb. top round of beef
1-1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 – Tbsp. sea salt
1 4×6 inch section of beef fat to cover
1. Rise meat and pat dry salt well on all sides
2. Place fat cap on top of meat
3. Place on cookie sheet tray or skillet in 350oF oven
4. Allow to roast for 50 minutes checking internal temp
5. Temp when done should be 135oF for medium rare
6. When done allow roast to rest for 25 minutes before carving, so that liquids can recirculate throughout roast.
and stay up to date with industry news, culinary demostrations and the newest cooking trends!