How To Make Tiramisu
Tiramisu is by far one of the tastiest, sexiest and unanimously delicious desserts on this planet. I doubt you’ve ever come across someone who would turn down a slice of this good stuff. Traditionally an Italian dessert, tiramisu has had centuries upon centuries of people perfecting its simple yet delicately delectable recipe. Sometimes made with ladyfingers, sometimes made with cake, sometimes made as a cheesecake, cupcake or pie, there are so many renditions it’s hard to taste them all although that won’t stop us from trying. Of course, as it almost always goes, nothing quite touches the taste and texture of the old-fashioned recipe. If you’ve never had it before, you may want to be near a chair when you take that first bite. If this is your first time making it, you’re in for a treat of how simple it is to make. Just remember, the trick is you have to let it sit. Patience is a virtue!
In this online pastry course, we are shown how to make the seriously irresistible Italian dessert Tiramisu. Learn just how simple it is!
1 box Ladyfingers
8 Egg Yolks
4 oz Sugar
4 oz Marsala
1.5 lb Marscarpone
1 lb Espresso (Room Temp)
4 oz Heavy Simple Syrup
2 oz Kahlua
1 oz Rum
1. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar until pale and thick over Bain Marie. Slowly add Marsala to yolk/sugar mixture.
2. Continue whisking until custard thickens. Cool over ice bath; whisk occasionally as it cools to prevent skin formation.
3. Whip the cream to medium soft peak. Gently fold the soft mascarpone into the cooled zablaglione. Fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone zabaglione.
4. Mix together espresso, heavy syrup, Kahlua and rum. Dip ladyfingers into espresso mixture until they are moist but not soggy. Line the bottom of a half hotel pan with them.
5. Layer half of the zabaglione over the top of the ladyfingers. Repeat another layer of dipped ladyfingers and zabaglione.
6. Bang the dish firmly to settle. Cover and chill overnight.
7. Just before serving dust liberally with cocoa.
Subscribe to our blog and stay up to date with industry news and the newest cooking trends!