How To Make A Thanksgiving Leftovers Hand Pie
Want to make the most of your Thanksgiving leftovers? This tasty hand pie should do the trick! Filled with all your favorites from the big T day, these handy little snacks are the best way to get the most out of all your leftovers. A simple frozen puff pastry gets thawed, rolled out and cut into squares. Then, throw in your favorite Thanksgiving dishes-from turkey and cranberries, to green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and ham. Throw another piece of puff pastry on top, seal the sides, brush with egg wash and throw in the oven until it’s a delicious golden brown. Even better? You can freeze them for up to 14 days after so you can enjoy Thanksgiving weeks after! Learn how to make this delicious hand pie in this online culinary course with one of our chef instructors.
8 oz shredded turkey
8 oz sweet potato puree (or regular potato puree)
2 cups green beans (or other vegetables)
8 oz cranberry sauce
10 oz turkey gravy
1 pkg puff pastry
1. Thaw puff pastry at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
2. Dust cutting board with some flour, roll puff pastry sheet to 1/8” thickness. Cut puff pastry into four equal squares.
3. Spread 1 1/2 tbsp of potato puree on puff pastry square, add green beans next, then turkey and cranberry sauce.
4. Egg wash the sides of the puff pastry. Place the top piece of puff pastry and seal the sides using a fork.
5. Grease a baking sheet, place pies on baking sheet, making sure they’re not touching. Egg wash the top and bake in a 400°F oven for 15 minutes.
6. Serve with turkey gravy.
**Can be frozen for up to two weeks if you don’t want to baked the pies right away