How To Make Cookie Shots
The latest pastry adventure from Cronut creator Dominique Ansel, the cookie shot has taken hearts over the world by storm. It’s also inspired pastry aficionados such as ourselves to attempt our own version of this fun invention. By creating a standard cookie dough that has a little more viscosity to it and then baking it in a mold, homemade cookie shooters are not an impossible feat—not even close. Fill them with milk, mousse, chocolate sauce, fruits or jams for a new take on a classic favorite.
So follow along with us in this online baking class as we teach you how to make homemade cookie shots. You’re definitely going to want to introduce this at your next get together!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Shots
1/3 cup sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
1 cup shortening
1 large egg yolk
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mini chocolate chips
2 cups all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1. Cream the shortening and sugars, add the vanilla and egg yolk and mix until incorporated. Mix in the flour and salt and then the chocolate chips.
2. Using a mini pop over pan mold, form the cookie shot in the greased molds making them about ¼ inch thick.
3. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and then bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees until the cookies are slightly brown
4. Pour melted chocolate into the center of the baked shot turn the shot until the walls are covered and pour out the excess. Chill until the chocolate is set. Dip the rims in chocolate and then sprinkles if desired.
5. Serve the shots filled with any kind of milk.