Successful Steaming and Poaching
Both steaming and poaching are very gentle cooking techniques. Neither method subjects food to direct, intense heat—instead, vapor and hot liquid, respectively, are used to cook foods. Just about any type of food can be steamed or poached, but foods best suited to these cooking techniques are those that are relatively small in size and uniform in shape. In this online cooking class we introduce you to both cooking methods and since neither imparts flavor we also show you how to finish them with a sauce or dressing. You’ll cook Cod Baked in Foil with Leeks and Carrots, Pureed Butternut Squash Soup, and Poached Salmon with Herb and Caper Vinaigrette, all great recipes to use your new knowledge and these universal techniques.
- Try any of our 320+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe