The essence of a Mediterranean diet is a daily emphasis on vegetables and fruits, beans and lentils, whole grains, more seafood than meat and poultry, and heart-healthy olive oil. Meze (sometimes spelled mezze) are small plates that traditionally are common in many Mediterranean countries, though they are often called by different names. We like them for parties or just for snacks, because these small plates allow you to try a variety of flavors and textures. In this online cooking class you’ll learn the basics of the Mediterranean diet, become familiar with ingredients that are common in it and discover ideas for how to choose meze recipes that complement each other. You’ll also create a variety of meze recipes including Stuffed Grape Leaves, Pan-Fried Halloumi, Sizzling Garlic Shrimp, and Tabbouleh.
- Try any of our 320+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe