Perfectly browned, butter-basted scallops. They simply sound delicious…and they are! In this online cooking class we teach you how to identify different types of scallops and what to look for when shopping for them. We also explain the proper way to store fresh and frozen scallops to keep them at their sweet flavored and quick-cooking best. The tastiest part of this course is an overview of cooking techniques like pan-searing and broiling…and of course incorporating these delicious sea nuggets into recipes including Peruvian Scallop Ceviche, Broiled Bacon-Wrapped Scallops, and Garlicky Scallops with Bread Crumbs.
- Try any of our 320+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe