Chicken Purchasing and Prep
Today, the options available when buying whole chickens or parts are overwhelming. Chicken is labeled with little explanation or clarity for the home cook. What exactly do terms like “natural,” “organic,” and “air-chilled” really mean? And is it really worth it to break down and prepare larger cuts of chicken yourself, or should you go for the convenience of the pre-cut versions? In this online cooking course, you’ll learn about chicken labeling, and how to prepare chicken for cooking at home, including home butchery. We even have a video to show how to best carve a cooked whole chicken for a presentation sure to wow guests.
- Try any of our 320+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe