All About Spices
Spices are the backbone of many recipes-both sweet and savory. In this online cooking course we dive into the spice pool and show you how to get the most out of them so that they add as much flavor and complexity as possible to your dishes. We discuss which spice are best used fresh vs ground, and what goes into those aromatic spice blends we love so much. We’ll cover pantry staples, baking spices, whole spices and common spice blends, and how to keep them fresher longer. Our thorough core technique videos address blooming and toasting spices, how to make your own chili powder, how to properly use a mortar and pestle, cleaning your spice grinder, cleaning and using vanilla beans, and crushing peppercorns. So, check bland dishes at the door and make way for a spiced up pantry!
- Try any of our 320+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe