Savory Tarts and Galettes
When you hear the term ‘tart’ your mind probably goes straight to a brightly colored, fruit filled dessert. However, tarts aren’t just for dessert. We love hearty, vegetable filled savory tarts and galettes as a main course for a dinner party or to use up leftovers. If you’re not familiar with the term ‘galette’ you will love it; it’s simply a free form tart. No precise pan is needed; simply a baking sheet. In this online cooking class you’ll learn how to blind bake a tart shell, shape and fold a galette, and bake a variety of tarts and galettes including Camembert, Sun-Dried Tomato and Potato (tart), Mushroom and Leek (galette), and Carmelized Onion, Tomato and Goat Cheese (tart). You’ll love this course as it demonstrates the adaptability of the fillings, showing how you can easily swap out vegetables or cheeses depending on what you have in your frig and/or pantry.
- Try any of our 230+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe