The word chili actually has two meanings: it can refer to an actual ingredient-chili pepper, or it can reference the actual dish. In this online cooking course we address chili peppers in order to create ultimate chilis…the dish. We demonstrate how to employ fresh chiles, dried chiles, and chili powder in various recipes and identify their characteristics, as well as use them in three great, crowd-pleasing recipes. Our Favorite Chili using toasted, dried chiles processed with flavorful ingredients and chicken broth to make a deeply flavored, smooth textured paste; Simple Beef Chili with Kidney Beans and a White Chicken Chili using a trio of fresh chili peppers. By the end of this class you will have a recipe to please just about every palate.
- Try any of our 230+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe