Sadly, cauliflower is an much overlooked vegetable. It’s color is non-descript and quite often it’s thought of as smelly and mushy. However, when prepared properly, cauliflower has great flavor and pairs well with a number of different herbs and spices. In this online cooking class we will concentrate on roasted cauliflower. Roasting intensifies the delicate flavor, giving it a sweet, nutty taste. And the texture also turns creamy in the oven. Trust us. Once you roast cauliflower, you won’t turn back to other methods. We think roasted cauliflower has such a great flavor we don’t use anything more than olive oil, salt, and pepper in this recipe. However you can pair the roasted cauliflower with a creamy yogurt-based sauce flavored with curry, cilantro, and lime or try a Japanese-style sauce with soy sauce, garlic, ginger, mirin, and toasted sesame oil. Other options are also noted in this lesson. But, whatever preparation method you choose, give roasted cauliflower a chance, you won’t be disappointed.
- Try any of our 230+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe