Modern French Stews
French stews are well known for their deep, complex flavors and rich ingredients. The result of a typically long process is well worth the wait, however in this online cooking class we introduce you to our streamlined process that cuts time but not the robust flavor these stews are famous for. In this course you’ll learn three different French stews, each simplified to build flavor with less effort. We also teach you how to use a bouquet garni to flavor stews and stocks and master the preparation of rouille, a garlicky French mayonnaise. Recipes in this lesson include Modern Beef Burgundy, French Pork Stew and Chicken Bouillabaisse.
- Try any of our 320+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe