Focus on Fried Chicken
There’s something irresistible about the deep, golden brown, crackly crust and contrasting juicy, moist interior that comes from cooking chicken in hot oil. In this online cooking course we focus on creating this tasty favorite. The key to properly frying chicken is the oil temperature and we address this issue thoroughly; because when prepared and cooked properly, fried chicken isn’t really as bad for you as it’s made out to be. We also cover proper frying techniques, types of oils, and safety measures for both shallow and deep frying. The course concludes with some mouthwatering recipes including Korean Fried Chicken Wings, Nashville Hot Fried Chicken (not for the faint of heart), and Picnic Fried Chicken, that stays crispy even when refrigerated.
- Try any of our 320+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe