Fry Without Fear
Potatoes. Chicken. Onions. These are probably the first things that come to mind when you think of fried foods. Frying makes even the blandest foods (such as the aforementioned potatoes) delicious. And who doesn’t like the crisp, brown exterior on anything fried? Frying actually works best with foods that are relatively small in size and cook quickly. In this online cooking course, Fry Without Fear, we’ll cover the basics of shallow-frying (also called pan-frying) as well as deep-frying. You will learn the importance of maintaining proper oil temperature to ensure non-greasy food. We’ll discuss the different types of oils and how they work with foods and you’ll learn how to make some of the tastiest fried foods such as Breaded Chicken Cutlets with Parmesan, Extra Crunchy Fried Chicken and, of course, French Fries!
- Try any of our 320+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe