Italian Salads and Vegetables
Vegetables are inextricably linked to authentic Italian dishes and help define the cuisine. One or two vegetable dishes are offered alongside the main dish, and are meant to add complementary flavors and textures that round out the course. Salads can be amazingly simple leafy greens or complex; composed of tomatoes, beans or even bread. In this online cooking course you’ll learn the Italian approach to making salads and how to clean and prepare two favorite Italian vegetables, artichokes and eggplant. Demonstrated recipes include: Arugula Salad with Figs, Prosciutto, Walnuts and Parmesan; Roman-Style Stuffed Braised Artichokes; and Eggplant Parmesan (which can be prepared as a side dish or vegetarian main course).
- Try any of our 320+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe