Despite dried and fresh ‘pasta’ having the same name, these two pastas are not and should not be treated the same. Dried pastas are meant to have a long shelf life and therefore are made with hearty flour and water and can be paired with just about any type of sauce. However, homemade, fresh pasta blends in eggs and is meant to be consumed with rich, luxurious sauces that complement its delicate flavor and silky texture. In this online cooking course we show you how to make your own fresh pasta that is so simple you won’t believe you’ve never made it before. While not considered a true pasta, we also teach you how to make fresh gnocchi, incorporating cooked potatoes. After you complete your pasta production we conclude the course with rich and flavorful dishes that your family is sure to love: Fettuccine Alfredo, complete with fresh cream and Parmesan cheese; Potato Gnocchi with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce, and Squash Ravioli with Sate and Hazelnut Brown Butter Sauce.
- Try any of our 320+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe