Buying Meat & Home Butchery
In this online cooking course, you’ll learn the secrets to buying store packaged meat and performing home butchery. You’ll also gain an understanding of the primal cuts of beef, pork, and lamb, as well as the names of the most common roasts, steaks, and chops. We will explore the cost issues and quality of store packaged meat, the meaning of labels-including organic-and basic home butchery along with the steps you need to perform to prepare meat for cooking. While this isn’t technically a cooking course; it is essential as the pre-cursor to all of your delicious home cooked meals.
- Try any of our 320+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe