Most people think that getting the fresh taste of tomatoes only comes during the summer when they’re fresh off the vine. In this online cooking course we’re going to show you how to preserve that lasting freshness all year long. We’ll show you how to shop for tomatoes, when you can’t harvest them from your own garden, how to prep them, store them (including canning) and even how to identify the different varieties of both conventional and heirloom types. At the conclusion of our “tomatutorial” we share some unique recipes that showcase tomatoes rather than simply use them as an accent. Learn how to cook the Best Summer Tomato Gratin, Tomato and Burrata Salad, and Spicy Tomato Jam.
- Try any of our 320+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe