In addition to a refined French omelet and the hearty diner version, there’s a third, less familiar omelet style that’s nothing like these two. Often referred to as a fluffy omelet, this version dwarfs the diner type by at least a couple of inches. Fluffy omelets use the ambient, forgiving heat of the oven, which eliminates the usual fiddling with the burner flame to prevent overcooking. In this online cooking course we will create a fluffy omelet incorporating whipped egg whites for structure and a few secret ingredients. We also share some of our favorite recipes for Asparagus and Smoked Salmon Filling, Mushroom Filling, and Artichoke and Bacon Filling. Versatile omelets make egg-cellent starts to your weekends, a perfect brunch option or a quick, hearty dinner.
- Try any of our 320+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe