It’s often said that what distinguishes a cook from a chef is how well they can make a sauce. In reality, a well-made sauce can enhance the presentation and flavor of your dishes but are often too intimidating for most home cooks to take on. But that doesn’t have to be the case. In this cooking class, we cover simple and straightforward sauces that can be used for a variety of different cuisines. For dips and spreads, we’ll teach you how to make two staples: mayonnaise and Romesco. When it comes to salads, nothing compares to a homemade vinaigrette, especially one as versatile as our warm bacon-vinaigrette which can tame even the bitterest of greens. Lastly, we’ll show you how to make a classic Asian simmering sauce that pairs will with a variety of proteins, vegetables and noodles. Once you’ve covered the basic techniques required for each sauce, you will have a strong foundation to branch out and tackle many more.
- Try any of our 230+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe