Sourdough for Beginners
A fresh sourdough loaf is perfect for a gourmet sandwich, toasted with creamy butter or a distinctive vessel for homemade soup. Making your own sourdough starter may seem complicated, but is actually super simple. In this online cooking course we share a straightforward, reliable recipe for creating and maintaining a sourdough starter—so even the most inexperienced baker will feel confident trying it. And while there is a bit of a commitment to making sourdough starter, if you keep it healthy you can continue to use it for months; even years. Once you have made the starter, our Almost No-Knead Sourdough recipe is the easiest, quickest way to use the starter in a baked loaf.
- Try any of our 320+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe