Slab Pies to Feed a Crowd
This online baking course introduces you to a concept you may not yet be familiar with; SLAB PIES! So, what is a slab pie? A slab pie is a pie made in a sheet pan. It has all the things you love about a traditional pie – flaky crust; sweet (or savory) filling – but it can serve up to 24 people. In almost the same amount of time it would take you to make a traditional pie, you now have pie for a crowd. While we’ve designed the pies in this course to work specifically as slab pies, you can adapt most recipes to work as a slab pie as well. Today we will create FOUR Slab Pies: Triple Berry with Ginger-Lemon Streusel, Peach, Apple, and Pear-Butterscotch. Once you’ve taken this online baking class you’ll realize that slab pies are as easy as…well, pie!
- Try any of our 320+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe