The term “quick bread” indicates just that: a bread that can be prepared quickly. This is all thanks to baking powder and baking soda’s chemical-leavening abilities. These ingredients allow you to bypass the proofing and rising steps of yeasted breads, minimizing quick breads’ prep time and maximizing their popularity at breakfasts and brunches. This online cooking course highlights the types of quick-leavening agents and demonstrates how they impact particular recipes which you learn to make, including Banana Bread, British-Style Scones and Blueberry Muffins.
- Try any of our 230+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe