Borrowing its name from the old-fashioned term for refrigerators, icebox pies are the go-to desserts for summer. Having to only turn on the oven to bake the crust, these classic Southern recipes were created to avoid long bake times in the days before air conditioning. In this online cooking class, we’ll explore how to make a perfect icebox pie, from the crust to homemade whipped cream. Then, we’ll go through four of our favorite icebox recipes: peanut butter pie, key lime pie, French silk chocolate pie and lemon chiffon pie.
- Try any of our 230+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe