How to Make Foolproof Pie Dough
There’s no reason to break out in a cold sweat anymore when trying to make a pie crust. In this online baking course you will learn why the secret to a foolproof pie dough is keeping all ingredients ice-cold. This goes for the fat (butter AND shortening) and liquids as well, including vodka. Yes, that’s right, vodka! See how this secret ingredient helps to make a light, flaky pie crust for all your fruit and custard pies. The recipe in this course creates enough dough for two pie crusts and when combined with your favorite fillings will surely bring family and friends in from the cold for a warm, comforting piece of pie.
- Try any of our 320+ courses from novice to advanced cooks
- See everything up close in step-by-step photos and videos
- Master core skills and test kitchen techniques
- Learn anytime and on any device, at your own pace
- Cook confidently with or without a recipe